Here’s how to banish red wine stains on clothes, soft furnishings, curtains and rugs (yes we also clean rugs)…
👨🎓Myth buster: DON’T throw white wine on it. It actually makes the stain worse!
1. At a party? Use an ice cube from a drink to dilute the stain then kitchen or loo paper to BLOT out the pigment*.
2. DON’T RUB, it drives the pigment into the fibres.
3. Distilled white vinegar is a great cleaning agent. Use to blot the stain with a clean cloth then flush with COLD water.
4. Baking soda in the cupboard? Make up a paste 50/50 with white distilled vinegar and baking soda, smear on to draw out the stain.
5. BRING IN to us pronto and we’ll do the rest. 🚴♀️
Stained carpet? Here’s what to do:
BLOT with kitchen roll to soak up as much as possible.
FLUSH with a little COLD water.
Make up paste 3:1 baking soda to water, apply to area and allow to dry, then vacuum.
*Make sure the item isn’t dry clean only!
Have you seen our Monarch Laundry Ideas and Offers page for fantastic laundry ideas, help, advice and regular discounts?